Sunday, May 29, 2011

Koko Academy is Born...

Why Homeschool?

I have thought a lot about this question -- why Homeschool? For me, the answers are many and varied. I want my boys to grow up learning and understanding the world around them. As their parent, it is my obligation to teach them and prepare them for life. I want my boys to learn about different cultures, countries, and people--by experience, not just by what they see on tv or read in a book. I want them to be able to try new things, learn new languages, and make new friends all over this beautiful world. You do not need to sit in a classroom to gain an education. Life is an education.

What I want to teach my boys is How to Learn! And, How to Think for Themselves! This is done through experience, through reading great literature, and observing the world around them. It is so exciting for me to begin this journey of education with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment