Monday, May 16, 2011

Welcome!

Hello Everyone!
I am excited to get started on this new blogging adventure! I want to start this blog as a way of keeping track of all of our family's youthful pursuits.

I am a stay at home mom, who is going to start homeschooling this year. I want to have a space where I can keep track of our adventures, and "Proud Mama Moments". I love the curriculum I found on http://www.amblesideonline.org and I can't wait to get started! An idea I have had is to have my sons help with the creative processes of the blog. I will let them post their ideas, projects, pictures, etc of things they have been doing in our homeschool. This is the beginning of our journey!

As part of homeschooling, I am hoping to set up a home based travel agency called Traveling Humanitarians. It's important for me to have hands on learning experiences, and one of the ways to do that is to travel. I love the idea that we can study something in history or art, and then be able to travel and go see that thing we have studied in real life. My dream is to be able to organize trips for homeschoolers, families, volunteers, and various groups where I provide them with cultural & humanitarian experiences as they travel.

Tonight I just joined a group of homeschooling bloggers. I am so excited to read what others have to say, and learn about what others do in their homeschools. I am so new at this- I need all the ideas I can get!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Rachel. With four "life learners" you certainly have your hands full. LOL. I am a Mom of four too, and am also part of homeschool bloggers haven. I started my blog for the same reasons as you: I wanted to share our journey and let my children have a place where they can blog, and share their projects, etc. Your idea to provide homeschoolers with cultural experiences as they travel is terrific. Wishing you success in your endeavors.

    Tracey
    http://unsocialized.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    I love your idea of humanitarian travel. Our family has traveled and lived abroad in many places (currently Tunisia), and we love making connections and helping (and being helped by) people we meet. There are few experiences as mind-opening as really becoming acquainted with people different from oneself. Your blog looks great, and your boys are adorable.

    Best wishes,

    Sarah
    http://Casteluzzo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel ! I just love your enthusiasm for blogging :-D I started mine for the very same reason. I'm a Deaf parent with 3 hearing children so I have friends (Deaf and Hearing) who are curious to know how I teach my kids. Yes, my kids know sign language so they know English and sign language. I also get them exposed to Deaf Culture as well.

    What a great idea to let your kids post their ideas or day in homeschool. I should do the same with my kids, maybe.

    Best wishes to your new journey in homeschooling!

    Laura
    www.handsignsexpressionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete