Monday, January 23, 2012

A Charlote Mason Education...

Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education.
--Charlotte Mason

I am really excited about the Charlotte Mason Method of Learning. I feel it is such a great fit for my family. We are following along the AmbleSide Online schedule, and for the understanding the ideas behind the method I found Charlotte Mason Help website. I have learned so much already, and am slowly trying to implement her ideas into our homeschool.
Some of her ideas that we are trying to implement are: Artist Study, Composer Study, Book of Centuries, and learning a foreign language. We have created our own Book of Masterpieces to help us incorporate our Artist Study. I would eventually like to get a Timeline set up around our house to help us keep track of history, but I think that will have to wait until we move to our new home. Our Book of Centuries is keeping us busy, but I am still trying to figure out the best way for us to put it all together.


2 comments:

  1. Hello! I am stopping by from the HHH :) I have always been a fan of Charlotte Mason and think it is wonderful this is how you are educating your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have found something that works for your family! :)

    ReplyDelete